Got Sauce Plz?

I am a confessed sauce fiend. For the type also known as condiments that are found ontop of your meat pie or alongside your steak and fries or sprayed into your bowl of Pho (Not the one you're searching for after you type 'G0t Sauce?!' in some seedy back alley of the internet). I'm often seen putting too much tomato ketchup* on my food at home and since I've got 'ETA's Original BBQ Sauce' (Seen here) I've been using and pouring it on my meals like it was holy water. Blessing each and every meal with the beautiful wonders of the said sauce like I was the Pope blessing the pilgrims before I eat them.

I, like most people move on from my sauces after long abuse, from a young age I remember drizzling sweet chilli sauce to mayo to tomato sauce but all of those are long gone now that I've 'matured'. I'll still have my Tabasco and soy sauces but my new love that may dethrone a lot of other sauces would be 'Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce' found hidden in many Asian conveinience stores scattered across Sydney and also found in the City on Crown St in Amasia (A clothing store funnily enough which sells Uniqlo and other staple brands)

This Asian chili sauce is often found in Vietnamese joints and added to meals such as the famed Pho (Beef Noodle Soup for all you non-knowers) After being finally reunited, nostalgia similar to that of ETA's BBQ Sauce, this sauce is definitely a must for any person that likes spicy flavour. If you have not tasted this and also like chili then you're sleeping!

Although I do love my other staple condiments, being from a Vietnamese family I cannot blog about a sauce and not mention Nuoc Mam (While sometimes a dressing or dip, this shit is more flexible than the word fuck in the food world), the staple of ALL Vietnamese meals, it's the only sauce I can make blindfolded. I pride myself in making godly Nuoc Mam. I drink at least a cup of that stuff a week! (Note: I'm referring to Nuoc Mam Cham, not the unmixed Fish Sauce)

So while I don't have a camera to take a picture of the Sauce bottle, I did my best to show a rough image of it. Continuing on from the theme of scanned images, I present to you the Sriracha Sauce Scan and model.

*Yes, I know, Heinz Ketchup & everything else from the supermarket labelled as tomato sauce for all you Australian readers




Scanned using Canon MP490 and skinned using Photoshop CS5's 3D tool.
Keep the condiment-ing game strong!

0 comments: