Matchstick Men

After my last background done in gouache, I've really grown a little liking to painting little match sticks. So today I went out and bought a packet of 'Black & Gold' Safety Matches, they're not as classy and original like Red Heads but I'm not going out of my way to get matches in a different hue.

Pretty much a 1:1 painting although with slight emphasis on the body and lighting, I've started this line up of matches. Can you match the matches with the matches? It's a WIP but it's very clean and I'm really liking the way it's turning out.


2 comments:

Annie said...

Wow that's really impressive Tim! Haha are they the actual sizes of the matchsticks? Because ... That seems hard to paint! In that size ahha

Timothy Duong said...

@Annie, I only like to work in small scale :) my brushes are all thin and my hands are quite good at not shaking at the right time! thanks for the comment!