Online Life

I'm a Geek/Nerd/Hermit. Whatever you call it.

Well coming from years of being lonely and constantly sticking to my computer screen, it's raised me and affected me as it would most people, only a little bit more than others (Or not so much in some others). Coming from a background of heavy and what some would say unhealthy gaming (Well my Mum thought so, but truly it was never an extreme case) I've somewhat been shit bored with my current computer. I couldn't care less whether it was a PC or Mac (So don't give me that shit) but yeah at the moment it seems I'm spending more time looking at the physical thing itself than spending time doing something productive or whatever. 

1 year ago I would be playing DotA or spending long hours waiting for replies from my several accounts registered on the many forums that coincided with my hobbies. 2 years ago I would be playing games from DotA to CSS to whatever my computer could handle. Now? I'm playing Bejeweled and the occasional Words with Friends (Imagine Scrabble online if you don't have an iPhone/iOS device)

The actual portability of it lets me do other things but at the moment I'm doing nothing else other than watching content online or downloading movies/TV shows and listening to music waiting for the downloads to finish. I could be going out to take photos but I have this compulsive disorder to keep my computer organised... ahhh so I've bought a 2TB hard drive (Well it was originally Grace's but now mine) and now I've bought another 1TB just incase the 2TB fails on me. New speakers to replace the old ones that constantly had terrible feedback. Now my workhorse computer is amazingly sexy and hot and coupled with my iPad I can't seem to walk away without being mildly satisfied by it's cheap and short lived entertainment gimmicks that are distracting me from my real duties. I've been sucked into aesthetics and cheesy gadget gimmicks. But they satisfy me oh so much.

I couldn't comment or really pinpoint my actual reasoning of this post but it's more of a reminder whenever I look back onto my blog and see what I've achieved and what are my priorities...

Onto more relevant things that can be discussed and shared would be Gold Panda. Playing at the Beck's Bar at Sydney Festival he'll be tearing it up on the 14th of January 2011 (This Friday!) so I'll be there along with Sujin and Grace but if you read this blog and are also coming please feel free to contact me, I'm curious of who else enjoys him and is in my circle of friends (I find it really interesting talking to people you know about music and they have similar tastes to you, it's like finding out a secret about them).

I'm currently playing his two other albums, firstly I had Lucky Shinier, but downloaded 'Unreleased Medical Journal' and 'Nothing To Do, Nowhere To Go' which are so far great on the ears. Speaking of good on the ears are my new speakers. 'Gigaworks T20' 2.0 speakers. They're very sexy and suit my computer very well.

Past recounts since my last post? I went to see Flying Lotus/Dam-Funk/GasLamp Killer/Opiuo. I was slightly disappointed when I heard Hudmo pulled out but it was amazing with Opiuo showing some new things I've never heard and Dam-Funk ripping it up followed by the energetic flow of FlyLo and to end it was GLK doing his intense and quirky set. I was tired but in the end I was still moving. I wish I brought my camera.

I have a few photo-shoots planned that I would like to see come into the light. It's just time to prepare now.

/timbo400

0 comments: