I don't know if I'm dreaming anymore

All I know is that I'm falling, falling, falling.

Listening to James Blake, who's this new dub artist from England. Fresh out with his self titled LP, he's got a slow dub release that's reminiscent of a mix of a vocal trance mixed with dub chill. The equation leaves you with an amazing romantic lyrical trip. Definitely a great start to 2011, would go on the shelf alongside Washed Out or Toro Y Moi in my chillwave and chill dub hits.

Other musical good news is that I've locked DOOM tickets in March. Alongside DOOM is Mount Kimbie, who easily took album of 2010 in my books. I hit a rough patch when I found out tickets to his show at Good God was sold out, I was spewing when I realized this. The next day was spent panicking and figuring out what to do, so a friend suggested I see him in Melbourne. It would be an amazing idea since dizz1 and Lorn are also supporting but bad for me trying to save some cold hard funds. Luckily this story ends the next day when I find out from Grace that MK has a second show. Bought 3 tickets the second I found out, so now I shall see you readers at both events, DOOM and Mount Kimbie.

Recently been overcoming a cold and had an intense fever 1 week ago that I was pretty much sure I was clinically insane. I visited a few new places which were amazing and interesting. Did a photo job which made me love shooting once again. New contacts and new jobs are always fun.

Typing this off my iPad so I hope I'll come back and add some photos or something.

/timbo400

0 comments: