My View on Tumblr

I don't know if it's me, but I personally feel that tumblr is a very lazy blog. Although I do have one and I do occasionally use it and I have allocated it as an online digital scrapbook, I feel that it's more of a major mind-map of stolen and borrowed images with the occasional input from other users. There's little personal feeling between the poster and the website (sure, you personalise your website with the content you post rather than the actual site... but that's not the point)

When I'm on tumblr, I don't really feel like posting much, it seems to be rather a convention centre of reposts and recycled matter. People's posts are like stalls that really are a little more deep than your average internet meme or screencaps are generally just lost within the sea of posts with a million notes. Yes, I'm aware I can control who I follow and for that reason I find it hard, cause a lot of the people I follow; I myself re-post from their tumblr's so I don't want to unfollow them, maybe also because I have this blog. Maybe I'm just an elitetess tard, (Well technically no, you're using Blogger to blog rather than Wordpress so that's quite redundant Timothy) but I feel rather other blog systems are more like inviting someone over to your house, they get a little more rather than flashing through other people's stalls at the convention centre.

I'm not totally sure but I guess that's how I feel about tumblr, a seemingly similar cross-over of twitter and your conventional blog... or because the dashboard is similar to twitter, a live simultaneous feed which you interact and feed what you want to others... still somewhere deep down in there, there's great posts but I feel like I'd rather bookmark those. I'm just lazy I guess.

New Desktop Set-Up :)


/timbo400

1 comments:

rachel may said...

hnnnng!! your desktop = love

i have a tumblr... following you now (::
just started using it heaps...

sancer