Only In Cabramatta..

Only in Cabramatta do you see old Asian men rocking Wu-Wear
Starter caps with spiked bats and hockey masks.



Cabramatta has changed so much within the last 10-15 years. I always tell people the stories of what I remembered when I was young, being a 8 or 10 years old, the fresh bullet holes in the police station's windows, the drug dealers that roamed freely and the delicious food that still gets served today. A lot has changed but the culture and traditions are still the same, it's a great place to eat and relax even though in some of the arcades there seems to be a riot of people just trying to get their fix of food, most Westerners would think of it as a day before the apocalypse yet it's the everyday 'hustle' for the locals; although it's very alike with Paddies market or Flemington, so those that have experienced that aren't in for much more. Whilst the people may be a spectacle, I'm only really interested in the food and drinks.

I don't know about you but I am inlove with chicken feet and pork belly. The restaurant that I eat the salad at is Bao something 8 or something. Anyway that's so vague but I think anyone that visits Cabramatta cannot eat and NOT get a drink of some sort. My personal favourite is Jack Fruit Sinh-to (Which is a Vietnamese smoothie) this shit is the bomb and if you're not going to get your Sugar Cane Drank (Nouc Mia) either than I suggest Avocado Sinh-to or the drinks you can choose 3-5 toppings. They're the gangster ones!

I'm not hella Viet, but I know enough to enjoy my roots and to curse a little or talk behind someone's back to another Vietnamese friend. After watch 'Go Back To Wear You Came From' on SBS, it reminds me of the struggles my Mum went through and how good it is that I still have some tradition in me.

Glad that I'm Vietnamese and proud. Co-incidentally while I was typing this up my friend Cynthia posted this on her twitter:


It's so 'groovy' and rocking! Ha!

Next few posts will be me reviewing a few movies and new headphones.

/timbo400

1 comments:

shaun@everybodylovesramen said...

cabra is in my top suburbs for sure! pho & soursop shake fixes are needed at least 2x/month.