Passionate Purchases

I'm not really one that buys CD albums or books (I do like buying books since physically having one is really satisfying) but when it comes to music, I find that I can try out and listen for free, if the artist offers a donation then I may donate (general I don't) but a few weeks ago I found myself buying FunkyDL's Jazzstrumentals only to find that he tweeted @timbo400. This type of artist/consumer interaction makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside, kind of like a thanks, 'I guarantee that my album is good and I know you'll enjoy it' instead of the 'Sucker, you got my album that only has 1 or 2 good songs on it! Sucked in!' Obviously that's not the intent of any artists but sometimes I feel so cheated even after downloading an album only to find that it predominately sucks... you wasted my bandwidth! But this logic went down the drain when I was at JB-HiFi Hornsby on Saturday. I was inside the Hip-Hop/Urban section and trawled for a few albums that I really wanted... after sifting through several rows I found this by Guru and impulsed it. Jazzzmatazz double CD, I remember that MC Solaar was on it so I thought I'd give it a try. Driving home the first CD was trash and I was pretty much convinced I had thrown away $15 on the first disc (The double disc was 29.99) but that's when disc 2 came in and I was grooving all the way home. I'm really feeling Jazz at the moment and I'm finding myself vibing with it really well.



Another thing of the list of purchases is 'Growing Bonsai; A Practical Encyclopedia' After many untrained attempts of trying to grow shoots I decided to slowly learn how to grow a Bonsai and practice my patience. I'd like to say I can wait for my Bonsai to grow... but I'm not that patient!


I guess it's time to chill and read to some nice relaxing Jazz-Hop and read some books.

/timbo400

1 comments:

m3tta4 said...

watup tim, haven't seen your pictures since krucial elements days and they're still dope as always.

anyways, i was going through your blog and couldn't help but notice that you're digging jazz-hop! i actually recently release a jazz-hop album called "the blossoming". you can listen to it in its entirety on my bandcamp (http://m3tta4.bandcamp.com)
hope you like it!