Articles of Win

Here's a little few things that have been on my mind to show to you, the beloved reader. They're beautiful items that relate to me/my life. I love them, they may be old, may be new but they have sentimental values. Nostalgic and warming.

The first thing to show is my Stussy ring. I'm pretty sure I got it back in late 07/early 08 from a lovely girl named Iantha (Bimbhoe) it's our friendship ring. Except back when she gave it to me, the ring was unscathed and plated in silver. For about 10 months I wore it day in and day out until I lost it one day whilst spray painting at the Harbour Bridge *I thought* and from that day on I didn't see it. As you would be, the other partner of the friendship ring would feel like it was broken, the seal of the relationship is torn. It cannot be anymore. I was pretty sure iantha was pretty sad I lost it ~__~ 

5 months later, one afternoon I cleaned up my room and directly underneath my bed was my ring. I was so astonished that it was there, was this magic/fate/destiny or just my stupidity/clumsiness? (It was obviously the latter) so I quickly informed iantha of such happenings to her relief. From here I kept wearing it, and the more I wore it, the more it would get scratched & damaged from my recklessness. Mid-late 2009 I decided the silver needed to be removed, the silver ring was showing through the brass scars of being worn everyday. I polished the silver off and now all that's left is a brass ring. My friend told me I should coat it in a matt black but I think I like it the way it is. The brass gets dull and mouldy like if I don't wear it, an indication of me wearing it is if it's nice and shiny. Although we may not see each other often, I make sure it's always shiny =3

And here it is, in all it's glory. Still worn day in and day out.

 http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4038/4350144271_8548c5def7.jpg

 The next item on showcase would be my Metal Gear Solid 2 - Raiden figure. I bought this a fortnight ago at Rozelle markets for a bargain of $4! (Weow!) Now, I never really had figurines or anything but this figure just makes me remember of the hours I spent on Metal Gear Solid. It's probably one of my favourite games, from the story mode to the VR missions, this was one badass game. 

From Dusk til Dawn, my eyes would be wide open trying to finish this game. The replayability factor was awesome. The easter eggs. The challenges. Fuck it was awesome. 

And so I have this figurine. I can't wait to get the rest because they're definitely worth it. I'll unbox them one day. When I get the whole collection and have my own glass cabinet to play with. It'll be hella G.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2701/4350144195_9d993deb26.jpg

Thanks for reading this whole article if you did. 
Listening to: The Album Leaf - Broken Arrow
Dinner: Rice /w Vietnamese Beef
Drink: Homemade Lemonade /w a dash of lime
Blog notes: Yay! I have helvetica as a font choice now! ^__^

/timbo400

2 comments:

jasmine lee said...

that ring looks pretty cool . where was the silver . ?

and i loveee vietnamese beef cubes with pepper :D (i always eat it at nam viet ..)



looool . my word verification thing is 'hopedso' isnt that cool ..

Timothy Duong said...

it was silver all over!

haha i had those cubes 2 weeks ago. today i had "bo kho" (beef cooked in coconut milk over 2 days /w eggs)

I get weird verification things too! O__O